Sunday, May 20, 2012

Puck on... Trust


You tell the truth?

Does that surprise you?

Yes.

That’s to be expected.  I can’t say it shouldn’t.  Indeed, you are correct, lies are my native tongue.  But I’m a polyglot.  Yes, lies are my language, but I think you’ll find I speak truth quite fluently.

But can you be trusted?

Oh my boy, you can trust everything I say.

That doesn’t mean I should.

You’re getting better at this. I’ll have to step up my game.

Still, I think you’ll find much of what I have to say of value.  After all, consider my existence.  I have seen time and space rolled out like a curtain.  I have watched your world spin through the black reaches since time immemorial.  I have seen your race since it’s infancy, witnessed history unfold for countless ages.  I have watched the births, lives and deaths of so many men you could not imagine the number.

Solomon said, “there is nothing new under the sun.”  And how long did he live?  One man.  What could his experiences be compared to mine?

So, admittedly, I might not be the most decent of sources, but can you really pass up the opportunity?  That is why you’re here, after all, isn’t it?

I suppose it is.

So, are you willing to take the chance?

I guess I am.

Splendid.  I must reiterate, how much I have personally enjoyed our conversations.  And just as a show of good “faith”, why don’t I enlighten you on a subject most pertinent and educational.

All right.  What is it?

Politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment